Limit Slack Notification to actions not caused by myself

Nick Worth March 21, 2023

Currently I have my @Nick channel setup with the following settings (I like to only get Slack notifications in attempt to avoid all emails). I love this feature but find it ridiculously obnoxious that I'm pinged every time I trigger the action. I make many comments, but when I do I don't need to be notified about it, I know what I did. 

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 11.47.26 AM.png

Any ideas to prevent this irrational behavior I would appreciate.

2 answers

1 vote
Nolan McConnell March 21, 2023

Unless you can go to the "Switch to JQL" feature and write the proper code to not include you as one of those people, which by trying quickly myself I don't think you can do, I don't think this is possible. I'd love to be corrected thought because this very often happens to me. 

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

Hey @Nick Worth , welcome to the Community!

Since your goal here is cutting down emails, I might suggest using the /jira notify command in Slack. This will have the Jira Cloud for Slack app DM you with notifications (vs going to a channel) and gives you some different configuration options:

image.png

and most importantly, this ignores your own activity. Might be what you're after!

Cheers,
Daniel

Nick Worth March 21, 2023

@Daniel Eads I appreciate the suggestion here. Unfortunately as the Product Manager I want to be aware of most everything whether I created it or not. I suppose I could be the watcher on every item but then I'm getting notifications for every modification on the issue even if I'm not concerned. I'll give this some more thought but was really hoping there was a JQL statement or option I could add that would resolve this in the channel notification settings.

Tugba Capaci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

Hi @Nick Worth ,

You only want to receive notifications for actions other than your own comments, is that correct?

As Actioner , we've introduced a new Slack-Jira integration

After installing the app, you can easily customize it. Simply disable workflows you don't need and add a condition to receive comment notifications, except for your own.

If you're interested, please let me know. I would be happy to assist you with the customization.

Tuğba,

actioner.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events