Licenseing of consultants

Harry Rombach November 25, 2020

In case of our consultants we need to buy an additional never the less if they already have one. In case they run already one we are double licenseing. Is this the game? I would appreciate a federation where people only need one license from Atlassian and can work in the diverse accounts. What are your thoughts on that?

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Harry Rombach,

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Let me try to rephrase - correct me if I am wrong.

I understand that you have consultants have an Atlassian Account and you hope that with that account, they can work in different Atlassian instances while paying only for this one account?

The license is not connected with the account, but with the product being used. As an organisation, you pay for the number of users on e.g. Jira Software at community.atlassian.net. The same goes for Confluence, Jira Service Management etc.

If your consultant is a user of Jira Software, Confluence and Jira Service Management, he will count as a user in all of those products and consume a license in each of them. The same logic applies across different instances or url's.

Harry Rombach November 25, 2020

well reprhased. Yes this is my point. Is it fair to compare Atlassian with Microsoft? I see the difference here in how their licensing polic is. We have stopped buying a license for our consultants to use office. They have their own license and if it come to collaboration we use the federation and white listing of accounts. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

I am not working for Atlassian, just volunteering in answering questions and supporting people here on the Community. So allow me not to take a stand with respect to that statement.

You could always raise the suggestion directly with Atlassian through the existing support channels. No guarantees, but you start with a no. So every step could be a step forward.

Like Harry Rombach likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events