Labels won't save when I create an issue from Create

Robyn Nowers October 18, 2021

When I create an Issue using the Create button in the header, I can add labels at this point. However when I create the issue and view it the labels I added are not saved. So to add labels I need to go into a created issue and manually add at that point, it's a real pain.

I've checked and we only have one Labels field (the original Jira one) so no one has created a duplicate field that is incorrectly linked. 

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Sandy Kasselia April 24, 2023

-

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hi Robyn, 

I just tested and am not seeing in my instance. Can you provide more info?

• is this a CMP or TMP project?
  • Are you adding new labels or are you just adding existing labels?
  • Are others are experiencing the same issue?
Robyn Nowers October 18, 2021

Hi

- Sorry I'm unfamiliar with those acronyms, but it's a software project if that helps!

- Adding existing labels or creating new ones, nothing saves to the Labels field

- Yes all users on my project are suffering from this. I've used Jira for years across multiple companies and never had this before so a bit stumped!

Here's a run down of exactly what I do to help:

1. Create a new issue (this issue runs across multiple/any issue types)

2. Fill in required fields

3. Add an existing label

4. Click off the field to make sure that it has infact been added and not just typed in (label becomes an icon with a little x, not just text)

5. Create issue

6. Navigate to issue

7. Labels field is empty

8. Click on Labels field to add a label, and this all works as normal and expected

Aaron Trythall February 2, 2022

I see the same behavior as Robyn on my instance.

Henry Bada March 31, 2022

I have the same issue.

Axios-Sterling-Ranch July 19, 2022

Same here any resolution

Gergana.Damyanova January 19, 2023

Having the same issue for a company-managed project.

It doesn't happen in all projects tho, only in some of them. I tried to find a common trait, but there isn't anything in particular. The projects use the same workflows and schemes, just one of them doesn't save the labels.

Sandy Kasselia April 24, 2023

Did anyone find a solution to this issue?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

@Sandy Kasselia , I would love to see some screenshots demonstrating this issue...

1. create screen showing where the new label has been entered
  2. the detailed issue view showing where the newly created issue does not have the new label
Sandy Kasselia April 25, 2023

@Jack Brickey I finally got access to the customer's environment and saw that it was an automation that caused this problem... So it's solved now! 

/S

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events