LDAP attribute extensions - project access

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi Atlassian Community!

I would like to know information about the possibility of using other attributes from Active Directory. We use a standard connection to LDAP - Usernames and AD Groups. But we would like to extract other attributes from AD, such as employeeType, Department, etc. I know that Jira can't do this and it is necessary to use a third-party addon.

However, my question is:
If we add other AD attributes to Jira, is it possible to use these attributes in the Permission Scheme or in Project roles? We want access to projects not to be controlled only by AD Groups, but, for example, by precise determination using the employeeType attribute (= Outsorced, Internal, Employee, Consultant, etc.). Is it possible to use this somehow? Is there a third party addon that could do this?

Thanks

Pavel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

No, the permission schemes don't support any reading of attributes.  The list of things you can use for permissions is hard-coded as the list you see when editing permissions - roles, groups, assignee, reporter etc.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

OK, thank you!

pavel

Suggest an answer