LATE state in the Task flow?

sabina volpicelli May 9, 2023

Is it a good idea to have a LATE state in the Task workflow or are there better way to monitor late tasks?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @sabina volpicelli and...

giphy

Personally, I like to use a custom field for that kind of status since an Issue can be late (or at risk or behind) and still be in the status "In Progress". Therefore, I like to be able to have both of this information independent of each other. I usually create a single select field, which can be updated. Sometimes I make looped transitions and have a transition screen with this field on it (along with other fields we want to have updated). Sometimes I've named this transition "Update".

HTH,
KGM

sabina volpicelli May 10, 2023

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will try this way.

C

Saby

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Hi @sabina volpicelli,

As @Kristján Geir Mathiesen has said, I would recommend against making Late a status. In addition to his suggestion of a custom field, you could:

• you could use JCL in a filter or swimlane to identify late issues, e.g., `status not in (Done, Closed) and "Due Date" < -7d`
  • you could set up an automation rule based on a scheduled trigger that would run every day, and set a label like "Late" for any issues that match the above JCL. You might want to add a second rule to remove the label when the issue is Done or Closed.

HTH, 

Kel

sabina volpicelli May 10, 2023

Thank You for this further insight: I have a lot to learn.

Saby

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events