Keyboard shortcuts in new Jira issue view

Melle Gloerich November 1, 2018

I really like the new jira view (especially on a big screen) but find myself cursing when I try to use the keyboard shortcuts as I did in the old view. For example:

1. I can't type 'story' to update the storypoints,
  2. I can't update the status to 'ready for development' by typing 'ready'

Is this going to be developed? Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts that are to be disregarded in the new view?

In short, it looks nice but works slower...

5 answers

6 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hi Melle,

This issue that you are facing is actually a bug, you can find more information on the link below:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69876
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Melle Gloerich November 12, 2018

Thanks! I did vote, it doesn't seem like a minor bug to me...

Mittul August 26, 2019

Definitely not a minor bug. If everyone who arrives at this page leaves a comment on the bug with how it impacts their workflow, maybe they will bump it up on their list.

2 votes
Yogesh Maheshwari October 21, 2019

I agree with the comments above. This is a HUGE pain point because of which I absolutely hate the new issue view. It takes at least twice as much time in the new issue view to get things done because most of the shortcuts don't work anymore. It's still an issue even after more than a year since the launch.

1 vote
Dylan Harnsberger April 27, 2021

Wow seriously? Keyboard shortcuts aren't working and you force users to use the new view anyways? This is NOT a minor bug. It significantly impacts efficiency.

Samuel Tremblay August 9, 2021

This is for me one of the major concerns about upgrading to the new interface.

1 vote
Zachary Nelson April 8, 2020

Serious issue for those who hate all the pointy clicky nonsense in JIRA.. keyboard shortcuts to set fields are a serious productivity boost when every screen you're on is highly customizable and fields are all over the place.

0 votes
Jeff Behnke November 10, 2022

Seems like there are still keyboard shortcuts not working for next and previous tickets years later. 

Next issue
j
Previous issue
k
Do not work inside issue view.

Suggest an answer