Kandan board not in JIRA export?

Sue Bridges November 7, 2017

I have created a new JIRA database on another server and used JIRA import to get the data in.  However, I notice that the Kanban board I created on the original database has not come across under the Boards menu at the top.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sue Bridges November 8, 2017

Hi Jeremy,

Yes I checked I was doing it correctly and issue now resolved.

To answer my original concern, Kanban setup is copied in a JIRA XML backup (under System -> Backup System). 

However, if there is a problem with the JIRA created archiveobject.xml file, it doesn't tell you when JIRA is in setup wizard for the first time on an empty database mode.  When it imports, it does not error if there is a problem in the archiveobject.xml definition so you are left with an incomplete database.

Fix

When I tested my go live strategy of copying over new attachments and creating an updated XML backup and importing it, the import errored with java.lang.illegalStateException on an Oracle export column.  I found a document on this Community for this that I followed.  Basically, I had to extract out the export .zip, modify the archiveobject.xml file to be correctly defined for the column and table definition that JIRA was falling over on, rezip the archiveobject.xml and entities.xml file and use the new .zip as the import file.  With the column definition now correct as well as the table order, the import then worked.

After logging in after the import, I checked the Boards menu option and my setup had then copied across.

Hung Nguyen December 16, 2019

What is the document that you had followed to do all the modification?

I got the same issue but not sure what need to be done.

Sue Bridges December 17, 2019

What upgrade are you doing so that I can search?  Looking at this date, this is many versions back.

Rereading my text above, you should have JIRA all ugraded, just the data not imported correctly, which was due to the archiveobject.xml field not correctly defined.  You don't touch entities.xml.

0 votes
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Dear Sue,

So just to be safe here; You made a full XML export of the environment, and then imported it? Following this route;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-802592998.html#Restoringdatafromanxmlbackup-restorexmldata

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

Suggest an answer