Kanban view on different issues

Helena Palys April 18, 2023

HI Team, 

I'd like to ask your help. In one of our projects we have setup the required issues, however their workflows are different so their statuses are also different. 

When I go to Kanban board, I'd imagine by selecting one type of issue, the kanban board would update itself to reflect the relevant statuses but unfortunately this isn't the case. 

Could you please help? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Helena Palys and welcome,

a JIRA project contains issue types and each issue type can have different workflows with differents statuses. At board level, you can setup coulmns and map there each status for each workflow defined in project workflow scheme.

Issues will appear in a specific column based on that mapping.

For more information please take a look to the following article https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/

Hope this clarifies your doubt,

Fabio

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hello @Helena Palys 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

It is not possible to dynamically change the columns displayed on the Kanban board to be only the ones relevant to a single issue type workflow when the board scope includes multiple issue type workflows. That is not a feature that is offered natively in Jira.

All columns will display at all times.

All statuses must be mapped to columns. If statuses are not mapped to columns then issues in those statuses will not be displayed.

Helena Palys April 19, 2023

HI Trudy, I figured this the moment I posted this :D thank you for responding tough!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events