Kanban-style release with version

Andrii Mykhalchuk October 2, 2018

I love next-gen design, but don't migrate.
Our team release on non-regular basis and needs kanban-style releases: placing version on Done cards and removing them from Done column.
Is this feature on Atlassian's roadmap ?

1 answer

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Hi Andrew, could you elaborate a bit further on what you mean by you don't migrate, and the kanban-style releases that you are looking for?

I'm sure you're probably already aware, but Jira Software does allow for the creation of both Scrum and Kanban projects and boards, so it could fulfil your requirement for Kanban-style releases as well.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Though if I've misunderstood anything, feel free to correct me!

Andrii Mykhalchuk October 18, 2018

I'm talking about next-gen projects (which are under active development).
In classic version I can press Release to remove all issues from Done and set a fixVersion for them.
classic Kanban.png
In next-gen I don't have this functionality.
next-gen.png
Feature "Sprints" is off to have a backlog and always see board with work in progress.
This project setup is very similar to classic Kanban project.
But cards are resting in Done column for 2 weeks and I don't think I can bulk-edit them to change fixVersion.

When saying "kanban-style releases" I mean ability to set fixVersion on issues and hide from board in a project setup described above.

By saying "don't migrate" I mean we continue to use classic project setup and not next-gen, however these releases seem to be only critical missing feature.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer