Kanban board filter query to include issues with a certain Priority but in only one issueType

Hannah Stone April 4, 2023

I'm trying to write a JQL filter for a Kanban board that includes only issues that have a certain Priority assigned, but only for one Issue Type in the project. What's the best way to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A JQL quick filter like this should do the trick:

!(Priority is empty and issuetype = bug)

Thanks, Nic! I think I wrote my initial question a bit wrong. I want to keep all the issuetypes, but only include issues in one issuetype that have a certain priority assigned (we don't use the Empty state for priority, we have one called "Unassigned"). I tried your suggestion but it excluded all the other issue types from the query. 

It's part of a larger query so I added it on like this:

!(project = [xyz] AND (assignee != [xyz] or assignee is EMPTY) AND "Resolution Estimate[Date]" is EMPTY) AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND (priority = Unassigned AND issuetype = "Prod Defect")

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

No problem, that clause you've added there will throw out all of the other issue types because there is "and issuetype = Prod Defect" in it.

Try replacing

(priority = Unassigned AND issuetype = "Prod Defect")

with 

( (priority = Unassigned AND issuetype = "Prod Defect") OR issuetype != "Prod Defect") 

That worked, thank you so much!! I know this is a pretty basic question but I'm fairly new to JQL. Appreciate your help!

Suggest an answer