Kanban Capacity Planning & Scenarios in Advanced Roadmaps

Resignola, Kelly March 30, 2023
  1. My teams use a Kanban pull system and don't plan work in sprints.  Also, they estimate in hours and not story points.  I understand that teams can be setup as Kanban or Scrum.  Is it required to schedule work in sprints in order to plan capacity using Advanced Roadmaps?
  2. I also understand the Scenarios provide a sandbox for planning.  I tested moving Ranks for Initiatives in a Scenario and saved the changes.  This changed Ranks on all of my Scenarios and Roadmaps.  Is the theory of using Scenarios that you can play in the sandbox and as long as changes are discarded, Scenarios and Roadmaps don't get impacted, but if changes are saved they will be impacted?

1 answer

0 votes
jeroen.wilmes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

I face the same problem. It looks like that scenarios work with the same sources, filters and view settings and if you change that in one scenario, it automatically changes in all other scenarios, which reduces the added value of the scenarios.

I hope that there are ways to differentiate other than making another plan. 

Saving the view under a different name (for each scenario a dedicated view, will solve part of the problem as I want to remove from the plan issues that are not relevant for the different scenarios.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events