Kanban Board - Unable to update Epic

lapacquah_bryant April 5, 2023

I configured a Kanban Board to display Epics by using JQL - Filter.  The customer changed the status of Epic to Done however want to change back to Backlog.  

The Status changed to Backlog, however the Resolution remains Done.

How can I update Epic to not show Done as its resolution?

Note, we did not configure the Kanban Backlog function we are using Backlog Status.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 8.44.05 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @lapacquah_bryant 

You are missing a post function in the issue's workflow, with which the resolution field is cleared. To fix your problem (because you can't simply edit the resolution) you have to place this PF from the done status to backlog (and to all transitions leading from Done to open statuses):

• Go to your project > project settings
  • Workflows
  • Find your workflow and click edit
  • Click Diagram
  • Find the transition from the Done to Backlog (and all others)
  • Click that transition
  • Click Post Functions from the popup
  • Add Post Function
  • Add the Clear Field Value post function
  • Publish your workflow

Now you should close your issue again and reopen it to remove the resolution.

If you dont want to close it and reopen it again, create a self transition with the same post function and transition the issue (from backlog to backlog).

Let me know if you got this!

Okay I do not see where or how to close and reopen Epic.  Also it has both an Issue linked as well as a Child associated with it.

Correction:  When I created the Post Function it asked for a Field, however I did not see which the field I needed to clear, i.e. Resolution.  I see it now you have to type field name and it presence.  Thank you. 

The workflow is used by multiple projects is there another way to clear Done other than a Post Function?

Also the Status in the Workflow are all set to ALL for Transition. Its not setup to Transition from Backlog>To Do>Done.  

Question, if I update the Post Function in the Workflow will it apply only to this project or all.  I do not need the clear Resolution for all workflows just this issue. 

Thank you

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

@lapacquah_bryant sorry for the late reply. No, there isn't another way to clear the resolution. Only via a post function.

Updating the post function, will update only the workflow. However, if the workflow is used in more that one projects, then it will be applicable to the other projects as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events