Jira to Bitbucket integration usecase

Abhik Dey July 29, 2021

Hello Team,

I want to implement the below use case using Jira. Request you to kindly suggest if it is an acceptable use-case. Also I would like to know how it can be implemented. If this is not acceptable, can you suggest how to implement similar use-case - 

The use case I want to implement requires integration from Jira to Bitbucket. I am aware how Bitbucket to Jira integration happens using workflows. Also I am not considering the negative cases right now and assuming that build and deployment is always successful- 

Major branches - dev, qa, uat, production and master

1. Open a Jira Ticket and assign it to developer

2. Developer creates a branch (feature/<ticket #>) from Jira to bit-bucket (Its implemented)

3. Once development is complete, the developer creates a branch (eg. - deploy/dev/<ticket#>) and raises pull request. The status in Jira should change to dev-deploy (as example)

4. On successful merge in dev branch, status changes to Dev Testing. Here I want to trigger an email from Jira to the ticket requestor to test in dev environment 

5. On successful dev testing, the requestor changes the status to Deploy-QA (Quality Assurance). In this state I want a branch to be created (like deploy/qa/<ticket number>) from branch (feature/<ticket #>) and raise a pull request to QA environment in bitbucket from Jira 

6. On successful merge in qa branch, status changes to QA Testing. Here I want to trigger an email from Jira to the ticket requestor to test in qa environment 

7. On successful qa testing, the requestor changes the status to Deploy-UAT. In this state I want a branch to be created (like deploy/uat/<ticket number>) from branch (feature/<ticket #>) and raise a pull request to UAT environment in bitbucket from Jira

8. On successful merge in uat branch, status changes to UAT Testing. Here I want to trigger an email from Jira to the ticket requestor to test in UAT environment

9. On successful UAT testing, the requestor changes the status to Deploy-Prod. In this state I want a branch to be created (like deploy/prod/<ticket number>) from branch (feature/<ticket #>) and raise a pull request to production environment in bitbucket from Jira

10. On successful merge in production branch, status changes to Prod-Deployed. Here I want to trigger an email from Jira to the ticket requestor to verify the changes in prod environment.

11. If the ticket is working as expected in Production, requestor will change it to complete status. On complete status, a pull request should be raised to merge the code in master branch

Please let me know if this can be implemented. Also if you have a better idea please let me know.

Regards,

Abhik 

0 answers

Suggest an answer