Jira title alt text poping up for all the tiles.

Sampath Geereddy May 22, 2023

recently restart jira server and started seeing alternate text pop up for all the tiles on Jira issues search page.

2 answers

0 votes
Sampath Geereddy May 24, 2023

@Brant Schroeder , what could be the issue with CSS?

Did you recently update the old directory after switching back to it?

• changed setenv.sh file with path to JAVA_HOME  and PINGFEDERATE_ATLASSIAN_DATA_PATH from its owns folder.

Is it on the same version as the one you installed?

• No, my old version was 8.18.2 and I switched back to same version/folder

Is it using the old DB or the newly installed DB?

• it is old DB.
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Sampath Geereddy Is this happening with all users?  Is it happening in all browsers?  Have you tried clearing your cache?  Can you share a screenshot?  

Sampath Geereddy May 22, 2023

@Brant Schroeder , yes, it is happening for all the user and all the browser, clearing the browser cache didn't help. above is the screen shot.

I don't have permission to attach screen shot.. but it is similar to below issue. is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43952

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Sampath Geereddy as per the post above did you try deactivating apps to see if they are causing the issue?

@Brant Schroeder , yes, I tried in safe mode and it didn't help.

may be this is causing by switching between install directory. I recently installed new jira software which didn't work, so I switched to old install version copy and started jira. what all steps I should take when switching a jira install directory?  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Sampath Geereddy it could just be an issue with the CSS. Did you recently update the old directory after switching back to it?  Is it on the same version as the one you installed?  Is it using the old DB or the newly installed DB?

@Brant Schroeder , what could be the issue with CSS?

After new installed version 8.22.6 didn't work, I switched back to old 8..16.2 version folder, within that I changed setenv.sh file with JAVA_HOME and PINGFEDERATE_ATLASSIAN_DATA_PATH path to itself(old directory).

no, my new version is 8.22.6 and old was 8.18.2. 

it is using the old DB.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Sampath Geereddy When you installed the new version did you install a new DB as well or did you point to the old DB?

@Brant Schroeder , i didn't install new DB. Since I installed new SW version on the same old folder, it will point to old DB.

Suggest an answer