Jira service management cloning issues

Jean Francois Gelinas March 24, 2023

Helllo !

We are long time Jira users and we have implemented service management in order to create a "call for projects" within our organization (for non Jira users).  Using Jira forms, we were able to collect many interesting initiatives.  Using Structure pluggins, we implemented different layouts where shareholders were able to "priorize" 30-40 projects. 

My question : How can I bulk clone these issues to create real "tickets" into Jira, where each  teams could work on these topics (by creating epics /subtasks under these "projets") ?  I dont wanna lose the hability to talk with the reporter within service management but at the same time, all the projects information is consigned in the Jira service management side.

Should I use a "timer" and clone these forms with automations (we matched each fields to a personalized field and the screen are the same in both side, JIRA and JIra service management)?

Thanks for your time and sorry for my "not so good english".

2 answers

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Jean Francois Gelinas

If you are willing to use a third-party app our Deep Clone for Jira app can probably help you achieve your goal. Deep Clone can clone your issues with all its values (or configure which fields you want to be cloned) and can create a link when cloning. You also can change custom field values while cloning with our Clone and Edit feature.

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023
It sounds like you have collected project initiatives using Jira forms in Jira Service Management and now you want to bulk clone these issues to create tickets in Jira so that teams can work on these projects. The good news is that Jira allows you to clone an issue within the same project, copying over most information from an issue like the Summary and Description fields and more. Cloned issues exist as a separate entity to the original issue. Their only connection is that, upon cloning, the two issues are linked — though you can unlink them any time. To bulk clone these Jira forms using Automation, you can match each field to a personalized field and the screens will be the same in both Jira and Jira Service Management. Your project admin can use Automation for Jira to remove the Clone prefix in bulk. However, keep in mind that recycling the small recurring tasks by putting them back in "To do" can affect the reporting for the project and your team won't get an accurate picture of how much they have completed. Instead, choose Clone and create a copy of the issue to make sure you can accurately record and report on all work. Also, you can link form fields to Jira fields to keep workflows intact and make searching, reporting, triggering automation, and organizing queues a breeze.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events