Jira "Your Work" tab "Assigned to me" not showing all Statuses

Jason Krewson April 17, 2024

I had a question today, in Jira under "Your Work" when you click on the "Assigned to me" tab it is not currently showing cards in all status. One of the statuses we are not seeing is "Pending 3rd Party". In testing this is happening to multiple people.

I do understand that I can click on "view all" at the bottom, edit the filter to see all statuses, but when I save this new filter it doesn't update the "Assigned to me" tab under "Your work" it just prompts me to basically save a new filter I just made as its the Issues view.

Does anyone know where the filter is that controls what we see in the "Assigned to me" tab under "Your Work"?

I am in Jira Cloud by the way, thanks for the help in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

The filter is based on Status Category, not individual Status values.

There are three Status Categories. Every Status value is assigned to one of these Categories, and the Status Category determines the color of the Status lozenge:

To Do - gray

In Progress - blue

Done - green

In my system the filter shows two number; 

statusCategory in (2, 4)

Through experimentation I find that 2 corresponds to the To Do status category, 4 corresponds to the In Progress status category, and 3 corresponds to the Done status category. It may be different on your system. 

So the Assigned To Me list should be showing all issues assigned to you where the Status of the issue is in the To Do or In Progress (gray and blue) status categories.

What is the color coding of the missing status? I am guessing that it is green.

Jason Krewson April 17, 2024

This is why, thanks so much for your help!

We have Pending status as Done status category so it doesn’t mess up Sprint reports as some teams goal is to just get the card to a 3rd Party in a Sprint. 

Suggest an answer