Jira on windows need to create 2 ssl "HTTPS" addresses to get into Jira

Chen Touboul August 28, 2018

Hi,

We need 2 address to work on  the same Jira instance.

I understand that Tomcat is involved by configuring the certificate.

For now im talking about self sign. 

My question is, what is the processes to do it (not by IIS) ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

It won't work properly.  You can set up Tomcat or IIS to listen on more than one url, but Jira will only run on one of them.  It cannot work on two urls.

Chen Touboul August 29, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thanks for reply :)

I saw this link and since Tomcat version 8.5 supports SNI.

The idea is to move from the old dns  on production to a new one when times come

and  customers get use to the new dns (by ssl)   and than remove the old one and

continue with the new dns name.

(also to see that dependencies belongs to Jira worked well with this new change without stopping the continuous process of Jira instance) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

Makes sense, but you're going to need to decide on one url to present Jira on.  If you set up a secondary, it will never work properly, but users will quite quickly land on the main, correct one (albeit after having to wade through a load of error messages)

You will find it a lot more easy to move Jira and then put a simple redirect page on the old url, plus a lot less annoying for your users.

If you insist on doing it with two sites, then just add a second connector to the Tomcat and point the old url at it.

Suggest an answer