Jira migration from server to cloud

LIGHTIFY Support Team September 7, 2018

While trying to import the backup xml file from my jira server instance to attlassian cloud, I get this message

JIRA Import Wizard - Jira

Your export looks like it contains URLs to JIRA issues. If these URLs are to the same instance of JIRA that this export was taken from, then these URLs will be broken once the import is complete. You now have the opportunity to update these URLs to their new home. Alternatively, it may be the case that these URLs are to other JIRA instances, in which case they can be left alone.

Please select the URLs that were to the original JIRA instance that this export was taken from:

List of name of internal servers:

Does this mean that my server instance will be completely destroyed?

I do not want to destroy my server instance and keep it for the moment?

But I am little bit scared to press proceed button , thinking my internal server will be down.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

It won't affect your existing server. You are being prompted to update the url in case you need to modify it with the new address of where those linked issues are stored.

LIGHTIFY Support Team September 7, 2018

hi Steve,

thanks for the prompt response.

Should I tick the urls mentioned there to keep it as it is or leave it un-mark.

Because we have live server and I am preparing for the cloud migration and doing the experiment and I dnt want to destroy the running server.

If everything runs well, we will migrate in reality to cloud.

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

If you leave it un-checked, you will end up with some urls that may not work. 

This should not affect your testing, and you can always manually update these links at a later date if required.

Suggest an answer