Jira database query on issues and board

Hi,

I need to write a query that provides a Jira board name, columns in that board and all the issues associated with a board.  AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW  stores the Board name, AO_60DB71_COLUMN table provides the list of columns in a board and the Jira issues table provides the issues list. I'm not finding a relation between board and issue. is there a direct relation between these tables? if not what is the work around to pull this info from jira database.

Note: looking for a database query not JQL.

2 answers

0 vote

The relationship between a board and an issue is defined by

1. The JQL used on the board

2. The coded settings for the board

Your database query is, quite simply put, going to be horrid to construct and valid only once.  You'll have to replicate the JQL in SQL (they are very different things) and then apply board settings too.

I would strongly suggest that you do NOT try this with SQL.

Could you explain what you are trying to achieve instead?  There's going to be a much better way to do it than SQL.

Hi Nic, Iavanya. I want to achieve the same thing. Please find the issue I logged below. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Link-Jira-Issue-to-Kanban-boards-via-SQL-Database/qaq-p/809487#M35715

What would your suggestion be to achieve this? Currently we do direct sql queries from the jira database once a day using an ETL process and then create a Dimensional Model for Reporting and Dashboarding. The jira information are integrated with other sources as well. 

Kind Regards, Drickus 

Your best option is to throw the SQL queries away as they're going to be different for every board, and change all the time.  Use the REST API instead.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,039 views 7 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you