Jira dashboard shows the average number of tickets per user

Tung Le May 26, 2022

Basically I want to show how many tickers per user was created in amount of time.

Example: we have 100 tickers a month and total 10 users. The output will be 10 tickers/user a month.

Thanks !!!

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Tung Le 

Dave's advice is on point here, but I also understand the need for proper tracking. If you are out of scope for Jira's built-in reporting features, there is a variety of tools on the Atlassian Marketplace.

As a Marketplace Vendor, I can't escape recommending our app Custom Charts for Jira. By simply adding the Custom Charts Gadget to your Jira Dashboard, you can quickly pull any Jira & JSM data and share it with your team.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Tung Le ,

Should you have the information, what are you going to do with it? What purpose does it serve?

Tung Le May 26, 2022

This is for business requirements. Better IT training for non-IT users in our environments. Some user just raise the ticket to request for the things they does not really needs. Just want to make sure user only create the ticket when they're actually understand what they need.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

There are may other ways to accomplish this. Rather than analysing invaluable numbers like 'x issues/user creating during the last period', try interviewing your non-IT users by asking what they need in order NOT to create an issue for their request or problem.

Some issues simply cannot be avoided because people need 'things' and creating an issue is the formal process, either for tracking or approving.

On the other hand, providing a knowledge base with how-to articles, troubleshooting articles and easy-to-find procedures, guidelines, etc. help non-IT users in "self-serving".

Like Tung Le likes this
Tung Le May 26, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs thanks for your valuable advise. I can totally understand that but let call it phase number 2. And for now, is anyway I can create the dashboard like that or this is the limitation ?

3 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2022

Hello @Tung Le 

As an alternative, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud with its Pivot table function.

You just need to set up Pivots according to your needs and get the total number of tickets created per user.

image (6).png

This add-on is developed by my team and is free for using up to 10 users. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps.

Diatta Harris May 17, 2023

Hello- can you share this add-on?

1 vote
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Tung Le

You can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team to create various reports, charts and graphs for your Jira projects.

• You can create custom, flexible and colorful bar charts and table views for any data you want/need. As data source, you can choose Projects or Saved Filters or Advanced (JQL).
  • You can set X axis to be any parameter like Created(month), Assignee, Sprint, Fix Versions etc.
  • You can set Y axis to be any parameter like number of issues, sum of remaining estimates, average of story points etc.
  • You can group your data on any field(Sprint, Status, Assignee, Component, Project etc.) you want.
  • You can choose various date ranges like All Time, Last Year, Last 3 Months, Last 6 Months etc.
  • You can modify existing Segments or add new segments.
  • You can order the results by drag and drop.

Here is a sample report that shows number of tickets per reporter on each month.

NumberOfTicketsPerReporterOnEachMonth.png

Below you can see an article about creating custom reports, charts and graphs in Jira with our app.

How to Create Custom and Flexible Reports, Charts and Graphs in Jira

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
September 14, 2022

Hi @Tung Le 

I couldn't agree more with Teodora! If you're looking for that additional power and ease, you may need additional tools like Custom Charts for Jira, or Dashboard Hub - Reports & Charts, an app that my company develops :)

I took the liberty of configuring a gadget like the one you were looking for with Dashboard Hub:

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 10.37.39.png

As you can see, it is really simple! I chose a pie chart to make it more visual, you can change colors, hide/reorder segments, ...

Hope that helps :)

Iván, Product Marketing Manager

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events