Jira custom field disappearing/broken

Natalia Marko April 24, 2024

Hello,

We have a problem with custom field called 'Bug requirements'. It is formatted in Wiki style and have predefined value, it is linked only with screen for Bug issue type. Everything worked for a few days, but now for some users when they create a bug whole custom field with predefined value dissapear a second after they choose a issue type. 

The problem exist on the project where we are using Xray - I am not sure if this may cause the issue. 

This is how it look for users, where it works finebug1.png

And for those where it is not working

bug2.png

The difference I noticed beetwen users is that, for those where it is not working additional field 'Affected versions' is added.

As a workaround I added custom field 'Bug requirements' on different card in screen, but I would like to know what is causing the issue on the General card view? 

Thank you in advance for help!

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

Is there anything in the custom field context or a Field Configuration that is associating the field with particular projects?

Also, the fact that the Affects Version/s field shows up on the screen sometimes almost indicates that, for that project, you're using a different screen.

If you're using Scriptrunner, perhaps there's a behavior that is setting/clearing the value in the field? If you look at the history of the field do you ever see that the value of the field changed? If so, you could look to see what user changed the value of the field and that might point you in the right direction.

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

Hi @Natalia Marko 

Are you sure that both screens are from the same project? I'm asking because I don't see project field on first screen.

Regards,

Seba

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

2nd question - di you have context added to that field? If yes it based on projects or issue types?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events