Jira cloud licensing considerations

Fercen Curapiaca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2019

Hi,

We are considering moving to Jira Cloud, we currently have the on-prem solution in place, but we'd like to clarify a few things beforehand:

a)The Jira Cloud pricing  doesn't include the cost of the add-ons, add-ons are an extra cost, correct?

b)Given that any user that can login and exists in the user management consumes a license, how about anonymous access, do anonymous users consume licenses  ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hi Fercen,

I understand you have a few questions about switching to Jira Cloud. 

A) Correct, the pricing cost of Jira Cloud does not include any add-ons that might be added to your site.  Not all add-ons have a cost, but yes, it is possible there would be additional costs for each add-on.

B)  Anonymous users do not consume any licenses in Cloud, but anonymous users do not have any login either.  There are limitations about what these users can see or do within Atlassian Cloud products.  If the Jira project has a permission scheme for example that allows browse permissions to 'anyone', then these users could see these Jira issues without the need of logging into Jira.  The license seats for Jira in Cloud are determined by group membership to specific roles.  More details in Update product access settings.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events