Jira automation

Anastasia Krutitsenko May 23, 2022

Hello,

Please advise on Jira automation, is it possible to change automation, that firstly it would check summary and then transition? 

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 17.36.53.png

Because right now it checks every single ticket and affects our automation limits. Or please advise if it can be done other way.

3 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Hi Anastasia,

The automation rule will only fire on a triggering event. So unless you are changing the Summary field value, that can't be your trigger. 

But if your rule is only on a single project, you have unlimited executions, so that should not affect your limits. 

Hi, 

No, the rule is for several projects, therefore the limit is being full quite fastly. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Then your best option is to create a scheduled rule and run that once a day (or even a couple of times a day) as Marco suggests. 

Like Marco Brundel likes this
2 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Anastasia Krutitsenko ,

To move issues from Resolved to Done I have set up a scheduled automation rule (trigger = scheduled). I then have this rule performed once a day.

Maybe this is an option for you.

Regards, Marco

1 vote
DasJo May 23, 2022

Are you using any add-ons that extend the post functions? Then you could change a custom field if the condition is true. In the automation you can then choose "Field value has been changed" as trigger. 

But there will not be any changes in the summary. Would it be possible setup firstly to check summary, then transition?

DasJo May 24, 2022

For that reason I asked about the extensions in the post function. I know that there are some post functions that set a field value when a condition is true.
It can be a field that is not displayed. Then the trigger (in automation) can react to that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events