Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hello,

Please advise on Jira automation, is it possible to change automation, that firstly it would check summary and then transition? 

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 17.36.53.png

Because right now it checks every single ticket and affects our automation limits. Or please advise if it can be done other way.

3 answers

2 votes
John M Funk Community Leader May 23, 2022

Hi Anastasia,

The automation rule will only fire on a triggering event. So unless you are changing the Summary field value, that can't be your trigger. 

But if your rule is only on a single project, you have unlimited executions, so that should not affect your limits. 

Hi, 

No, the rule is for several projects, therefore the limit is being full quite fastly. 

John M Funk Community Leader May 24, 2022

Then your best option is to create a scheduled rule and run that once a day (or even a couple of times a day) as Marco suggests. 

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Hi @Anastasia Krutitsenko ,

To move issues from Resolved to Done I have set up a scheduled automation rule (trigger = scheduled). I then have this rule performed once a day.

Maybe this is an option for you.

Regards, Marco

Are you using any add-ons that extend the post functions? Then you could change a custom field if the condition is true. In the automation you can then choose "Field value has been changed" as trigger. 

But there will not be any changes in the summary. Would it be possible setup firstly to check summary, then transition?

For that reason I asked about the extensions in the post function. I know that there are some post functions that set a field value when a condition is true.
It can be a field that is not displayed. Then the trigger (in automation) can react to that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,877 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you