Jira automation to assign Team on a jira

Sahoo Manas (SEIT) July 22, 2021

Hello, 

I see it is helpful to have the new field called team assigned on a jira ticket and it reflects in advanced road map view. The question I have is , can I prepopulate the field on creation. In my case it is one project and one team. I really do not want people to type in manually. What are the options in Jira automation ?

Kind Regards

Manas

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Sahoo Manas (SEIT) 

Yeah, you can set an automation to define the id of the team when an issue is created. Check out this example:

Untitled.png

• You will define the Teams field in the Additional fields:

{
"fields": {
"Team":"1"
}
}

• You might need to find the Team ID from Advanced Roadmaps

I did that using the rest API via browser  https://your-jira-site.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ISSUE-KEY. And the CRTL+F searching for the team name and to obtain the id

customfield_10001":{"id":"1","title":"Test Team","isShared":true},

If this answer helps solve the problem, please come back and mark this answer as solved to help other community members with the same challenge. If not, you are welcome to share your thought process as well.

Cheers,

Alex

Vinolin G August 18, 2022

Hi There 
Is there a way to retrieve the team display name and match on that instead of matching on team id?

E.g. Assignee.displayname = Team.displayname

Jim Buckley Barrett April 14, 2023

Hi Alex,

Is this only available in version 3 of the API?  We use Version 2 but I can't find the TEAM name in the JSON.

Jim

0 votes
Lwandile Rorwana March 29, 2023

Many thanks @Alex this solution is perfect.

0 votes
Evan Reeves February 1, 2022

Is there any reason that "Team" field is not natively supported in the Automation creation? When I create a new action to "Edit Issue" I am not able to select the "Team" field for Advanced Roadmaps.

This is kind of a drag. Are there any plans to support this in the future?

Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2022

Hi @Evan Reeves 

Using the JSON example from my previous answer you can edit any custom field. But yes, it'd be way easier to list advanced roadmaps fields directly.

I found this Suggestion on Public Jira that you might want to vote JSWCLOUD-19957

Cheers,

Alex

0 votes
Sahoo Manas (SEIT) July 23, 2021

Worked for me, thanks a lot

Suggest an answer