Jira automation email - smart value or else

Alex Shirokov June 1, 2022

Guys, is it possible to create a function (or something else) within an email of an Automation rule that will do the following:

Example: 

Trigger: Value change

Condition: value is greater than 10

Action - email to be sent 

In the email body, I need to show

1. If the value is between 10 and 15 then put into text "Medium" 

2. If the value is between 15 and 25 then put into email text "High"

Thank you very much! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi Alex,

It's probably best (and easiest!) to have two IF conditions to check the value, then have separate emails for each. You can write the first email, then copy it and use it for the base of the second email by pasting it in. 

Alex Shirokov June 2, 2022

Hi John, 

Thank you very much! Oh... I did not think about it...

Should it be two separate rules or should I use branching? 

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

I would give it a go with one rule. :-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

You are very welcome. 

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2022

Hi @Alex Shirokov,

My buddy @John Funk has given you a nice and easy solution. If it you wanted to try and get fancy with smart values you could also try using the conditional logic that they offer.

More of that at https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-conditional-logic/

Cheers,

Simeon. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2022

Simeon!!!  I hope you have been doing well! I miss interacting with you and John and the original crew.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2022

Hey @John Funk

Doing well mate! The teams been growing so we are sharing around the community responsibilities. I'll pass your hello on to John when I see him next!

Good to see you're still about mate. Take care!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Alex Shirokov June 3, 2022

Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS