Jira and Chrome - not generating a More menu?

David Stallard January 21, 2022

In recent weeks some of our users, including myself, have seen a problem where Jira doesn't seem to recognize when your screen is not wide enough for all of the top menu items and thus it doesn't create a More dropdown for the items that won't fit.  Instead, the menu items are written on top of the search box and other items on the right-hand side.  This happens in Chrome but not in Edge.  We haven't changed Jira versions recently so wondering if some Chrome update may have caused an incompatibility.

We are running Jira Server 8.17.1.

Any fix for this?

2 answers

0 votes
Tad Foster January 28, 2022

Try using Edge (it's the same Chrome engine, but their versions are different; may be slightly altered by MSFT.) We are experiencing the same issue in our company, and we see the issue in our Chrome version, but not the Edge version:

Edge: Version 97.0.1072.69 (Official build) (64-bit) - More menu shows and resizing works
Chrome: Version 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Resizing does not work in this version

I had reported this to Atlassian Premier Support, they are aware of it. I also reported it to Google, but can't get an acknowledgement from them.

Tad Foster February 8, 2022

Atlassian has recognized this is a jira problem and has provided some .jar files to fix and bridge a solution to a future version. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66686

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2022

FWIW, I have seen a number of posts about Chrome related issues. They may or may not be related. If another browser is working I would use it for the moment. You can report to Atlassian support if you wish. Also try clearing cache.

Suggest an answer