Jira & the games industry - QA - learning?

Jody April 1, 2023

Can anyone recommend some

Jira learning material to upskill and be ready for QA positions within the games industry?

e.g

How to write a bug report

How to write a test plan

How to use Jira within a QA team

cheers :-)

5 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

Hi @Jody welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

Your question is quite broad but for Jira specifically, the Atlassian enablement academy is quite good. 

You can start with  https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/815443-jira-fundamentals

This will provide you with the basic Jira knowledge you need to move forward (if you don't have it already) and its free, some trainings are and some are not but all basic essential training appears to be free at the moment. 

I would also recommend creating a free test Jira Software Cloud instance for yourself (think of it as a personal playground to experiment with). 

Best of luck! 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Jody April 1, 2023

Thanks Ash

The games industry use Jira for their QA testing, I want to learn Jira while testing a game but finding it difficult to locate some learning material to interlink both, I need to upskill and be able to show this on my CV when applying for QA testing.

I will make use of the link you sent me, most appreciated :-)

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

Best of luck, don't hesitate to reach out if you need anymore help. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Like Jody likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Sofia Neto Canário August 24, 2023

Hi, 

When using Jira for a QA context, you might need an app like Xray. 

Xray makes available for free several learning resources, like the Xray Academy. 

You can also check a customer story from the gaming industry:

https://www.getxray.app/blog/how-a-game-developer-uses-xray-to-manage-tests

Hope it helps! 

Jody August 24, 2023

Thanks, I will check this out on the weekend :-)

Saithmoji December 19, 2023

Thanks

Hello

0 votes
NHM School
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

The gaming industry utilizes Jira for QA testing, and I am eager to acquire proficiency in Jira while simultaneously testing games. However, I am facing difficulty in discovering learning materials that effectively integrate both aspects. My goal is to enhance my skills and be able to showcase this expertise on my CV when applying for QA testing positions. We have help our friends to design apps like scarlet.

0 votes
Jofra Archer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2024

The games business use Jira for their QA testing, I need to learn Jira while testing a Video game however finding it challenging to find a learning material to interlink both, I want to upskill and have the option to show this on my CV while applying for QA testing.

0 votes

Good app

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders