Jira Webhook from transition post function and google workspace org apps script

Michail Kotantakis March 30, 2023

Hello team,

i am looking for advice on the topic even though i understand that it s more relatd to Gspace, but maybe someone can advise from experience or from a similar scenario.

I am using my personal gmail account and i have managed to make a google calendar event after an issue is transitioned to a status that i have setup a post function to trigger a webhook, The webhookk url is an apps script url which receives the json, retrieving the data that i am interested for and then creating the google calendar event. everything is fine
Now when trying to replicate the scenario to my job where we have google workspace accounts, the apps script url is available only within the org domain. we are using jira coud so the domain is not the same as the google workspace. Is there a workaround for this, because the option to unrestrict the access in gspace is not feasible and is not on the table.

Is there another way or something that could help?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

There's not a lot you can do with this.

You've got one system that needs to send data to another one, but the target system is closed off from remote access, so the source system simply can't do anything.

You have two options:

• Allow the target system in (unrestrict the access, which you've already said you can't do)
  • Reverse the call - rewrite the script so that it calls out to Jira when you need to run it.
Michail Kotantakis March 31, 2023

HI @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thanks for having a look on this.  I will try to reverse the call for the time being, while i am exploring any possible case with cloud function from GCP to speak to the workspace apps script url, like  aforwarder, something that i haven't managed to do yet. if i manage i will update for future cases

Thanks again

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer