Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Stories need to be refreshed in order to open after upgrade.

Hey guys, 

So I just conducted an upgrade of my Jira server application (v7.6.1 to v8.1) and all appears to be working well except when i click to open a story. When I attempt to open a story a clear screen overshadows the screen i'm on and I have to refresh the page in order for the story to actually open. 

Jira refresh issue.gif

Mind you, it is only giving me access to the story after I refresh the page (can't see me do it as the refresh button is outside the area of my .gif application). If I didn't refresh it it would still be stuck on this weird milky overcast screen. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Kehinde,

The page load behavior you are seeing looks like it could be a browser caching issue, I would recommend flushing out the cache as an initial test to see if that fixes the issue, with some additional tests to check out in This Browser troubleshooting guide.

I would also recommend opening up the browser developer tools console to see if there are any javascript errors occuring that could narrow it down a bit further of provide additional info.

Let me know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

Thanks a bunch Earl, I ran "developer tools" and got the error that a certain property type was having issues being read. This error really didn't mean anything but it led me to look at incompatible plugins I had for this version of Jira. After uninstalling them it works perfectly. Thanks!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,499 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you