Jira Stories need to be refreshed in order to open after upgrade.

KO89 May 20, 2019

Hey guys, 

So I just conducted an upgrade of my Jira server application (v7.6.1 to v8.1) and all appears to be working well except when i click to open a story. When I attempt to open a story a clear screen overshadows the screen i'm on and I have to refresh the page in order for the story to actually open. 

Jira refresh issue.gif

Mind you, it is only giving me access to the story after I refresh the page (can't see me do it as the refresh button is outside the area of my .gif application). If I didn't refresh it it would still be stuck on this weird milky overcast screen. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

Hi Kehinde,

The page load behavior you are seeing looks like it could be a browser caching issue, I would recommend flushing out the cache as an initial test to see if that fixes the issue, with some additional tests to check out in This Browser troubleshooting guide.

I would also recommend opening up the browser developer tools console to see if there are any javascript errors occuring that could narrow it down a bit further of provide additional info.

Let me know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

KO89 May 23, 2019

Thanks a bunch Earl, I ran "developer tools" and got the error that a certain property type was having issues being read. This error really didn't mean anything but it led me to look at incompatible plugins I had for this version of Jira. After uninstalling them it works perfectly. Thanks!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer