Jira Software version 8.20 includes Team locked custom field

Improvement Engine Support May 16, 2022

We are in the process of upgrading Jira server (software) to version 8.20

After doing the upgrade in a dev environment, we've noticed that there is a new custom field automatically created "Team" and this field is locked

This causes a problem for us as we already have a custom field called Team.

Is there anyway to remove/delete this custom field? what is its purpose?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

There is no way to remove this custom field, it's necessary for the functioning of some of the advanced apps.  You'll need to either migrate your existing field over into it, or rename your existing field to something to distinguish it from Team.

The problem is that the other field called Team is from the "Tempo" plugin  and it is also locked.

If it is necessary for the functioning of some of the advanced apps, why not to make it a system field instead of custom?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

The two fields work differently. 

Tempo doesn't get to tell Atlassian how to implement fields in their Advanced Roadmaps, and Atlassian doesn't tell Tempo what to do in their apps.

I do understand they are talking to each other about it, with the move to be dropping Tempo Teams and Tempo using the Atlassian one instead, but I've no idea where they are with it.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

Hi, @Improvement Engine Support

As far as we (Tempo) knows, there are no known incompatibilities with the Atlassian and Tempo Team Fields. Theirs is a separate/different field from ours.

It's likely there's something else going on with your settings that's causing the behavior you are seeing.

Please contact the Tempo on-prem support team directly so they can help you diagnose the underlying issue.

-dave

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

Sorry Dave, I was very unclear.  The fields are not incompatible, they just are for slightly different things.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

No need to be sorry, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-   Probably a poor choice of words on my part.

Just wanted to be sure things were as clear as possible for @Improvement Engine Support and that they knew they could contact Tempo for help.

Improvement Engine Support May 18, 2022

They are clear thank you both.

It is not a real issue, more like an unexpected one, as the (Jira) field did not exist in the previous version. 

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Vijay Byndoor October 4, 2022

So, what's the solution?
I understand that they are different fields and don't impact each other, but then we can't have two fields that look the same but have different functionalities. 

Technically, it may be compatible and ok to have both, but functionally it is not. (unless, I am missing something).

What's the best solution to this? 

What are the pros/cons of the solution (if any)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

I am afraid that there is nothing you can do really.

On server, you could unlock one of the fields and then rename or delete it, but that could break the functions that rely on it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events