Jira Software upgrade from 7.13 to 8.20 -Steps

barbosa_s_alexandre November 30, 2021

Hello.

I will upgrade our Jira Software Server 7.13.8 instance to the version Jira Software Server 8.20 (LTS) and I would like to discuss some points with you.

Currently my doubt is related with Oracle database. Since we are using Oracle 12cR1 and the supported platforms are Oracle 12cR2/Oracle18c and Oracle 19c, I would like to know from you how should I proceed?.

Changing the file from ojdbc7.jar to ojdbc8.jar and moving the database from 12cR1 to 12cR2, before the start of the application is enough? 

I'm using Linux RHEL 7.9 and Java 1.8.

Link that I found for upgrade is Upgrading Jira applications | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 8.20 | Atlassian Documentation

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @barbosa_s_alexandre

I would recommend you open a ticket with atlassian support directly.  They can provide you with the best recommendations on the upgrade. Especially if you are paying for it.

Regards

barbosa_s_alexandre December 15, 2021

Thanks for the information @Fabian Lim . I've created an support ticket and waiting for the information.

Suggest an answer