Jira Server to Cloud migration: where are my sprints

Marco Vici April 7, 2023

Hi all,

I'm testing the migration from Jira Software Server (10 users license) to Cloud (free plan). I successfully ran the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant plugin, but in the cloud instance I can't find dashboards, sprints, filters or issues.

How can I restore all that stuff I have on the server instance?

Thank you,

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Marco Vici,

While a good (and even preferred) tool to help you migrate, the JCMA tool definitely does not cover everything in your migration.

You may want to check out this support article to verify what does and does not get migrated with the migration assistant. Some of the things you mention are on that list and will need to be fixed manually post migration.

Hope this helps! 

Marco Vici April 7, 2023

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a look at the article you linked, but I'm a bit confused. I can see that Dashboards are not migrated, while the sprints should be.

I got two log files as post migration result.

One is "Summary_post-migration report", where I see, at row "Issues" of every project, that "Number in migration", "Successfully migrated" and "Partial data loss" are the same. 

The other one is "Requires attention_post-migration report", where I see thousands of lines (all the issues in Server instance) with

Despite this, in the cloud instance I can see all the issues with all the relevant fields.

However, sprints are not visible.

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Marco

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

I am not sure as I cannot see your migrated data. But sprints are created on boards. Since not all boards are migrated by JCMA (e.g boards from inactive users or boards based on multiple projects), I would not be surprised that the root cause is to be found in that area.

Marco Vici April 7, 2023

Yes, you're right. I just created a board and sprints appeared.

Is there any way to import board settings, cutomised workflows, customised issue statuses etc. without having to manually recreate them one by one in Jira Cloud?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events