Jira Query

David Cote May 10, 2021

This is a query that was working for me for a few years and as of late no longer reports correctly.

project in (LMX2, LED, LPP2, LSCS, HSF, HA, AP, "SET", TIM, MID, PORT, USMVN) AND issuetype in (Bug, Story) AND status in ("Awaiting QA", "In Progress", Open, "Bug Verify", "In Review", "QA In Progress") AND "Acceptance Criteria" is EMPTY

My issue is that the query returns the same number of results now for "Acceptance Criteria" is EMPTY or "Acceptance Criteria" is not EMPTY.

When I look at the data in  field "Acceptance Criteria" it is present so should not be reporting tickets.  Again this used to work up to just a few weeks ago.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Hi @David Cote 

Do you have any team-managed projects (next-gen) in use in your instance?  If so, I suspect this may be related to the problem with JQL and EMPTY tests confusing fields between projects, as noted here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76482

The work-around is to use the custom field ID in the query.  You may learn how to find the ID from that defect posting.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi David, this is certainly quite interesting. I’m starting to wonder if there’s been some Regression released into a recent update. Only reason I say that because I saw someone else posting something about getting unexpected results when they were looking for a custom feel is empty just yesterday. If you’re pretty confident in what you’re saying but might suggest that you reach out to Atlassian support so they could dive into this a bit and see if maybe there is something that has regressed

David Cote May 10, 2021

Thank you, I will submit a ticket there.

David Cote May 10, 2021

Seems their portal is down at this time.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events