Jira Project being redirected to Help Desk

Antonio Masi January 31, 2023

Hello I have a user who is trying to access projects that he's been able to access for over a year now, and now when he tries to access it he is redirected to the Help Desk. The links work for me.

Is this maybe a minor glitch or is there a fix? 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Is he getting redirected or is the browser auto completing the links and changing them to the Service Desk link?

Has the user tried clearing their browser cache or trying a different browser

When was the user last successful in accessing the projects?

Have you confirmed that the user's access has not been changed? Does the user still have Jira Software product access for the specified Site in the Organization?

Both of the browsers are auto completing the links and changing them to the Service Desk Link. We have cleared cached and tried on different browsers. I can confirm access has not been changed - he should still be able to access them

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Is the user able to login to https://start.atlassian.com/ and see a list of the products to which they have access? If so, what happens when they select the Jira Software icon for your site?

No he’s only able to see Confluence 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2023

That indicates that the user's Product Access to Jira Software has been removed, which is why he is being redirected to the Service Desk Portal.

A Site Admin for the Jira system can restore Product Access through https://admin.atlassian.com

PMO Newco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

I´m having kind of the same error. The user is able to login to https://start.atlassian.com/ and see "his" products. However the Jira Software icon does not appear in the "inventory" of icons/products he can see.

Any advice on how may I solve this? I am not a JIRA Admin.

Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Hello @PMO Newco 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

First, rather than posting on an existing question that is over a year old and has an accepted answer, you should start a new question. You can provide a link to other posts that you think are relevant to your new question. The reason for this is that the only people who see updates on an existing post are the original author, the people who responded, and anybody that elected to watch the post. Starting a new Question will make your question visible to more people.

Second, refer to the answers already provided. Have you worked with a Site Administrator or Organization Administrator to determine if any of those answers apply to your situation?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wesley January 31, 2023

Does he get redirected to the Help Desk as a customer of as an agent?

Wesley January 31, 2023

I suspect he has two accounts, one account for the backend and one customer account. In this case you get problems. What we do to solve this is the following;

- go to user settings

- Jira Service Management

- search for the user

- click on the dots

- migrate to Atlassian account

It appears as an agent. He's an admin of many projects & customers do not have access to our Help Desk

Antonio Masi February 1, 2023

He does have 2 accounts listed and that may be the issue. Neither of his accounts are listed under Jira Service Management (portal customers). I can however find both accounts under users.

We sign into Jira with Google is there a way that I can walk him through and make sure the he is signing into the right account? or will I need to remove one?

0 votes
Wesley January 31, 2023

There could be a few reasons why a Jira user is unable to access projects and is redirected to the helpdesk. Some potential solutions include:

1. Check user permissions: Ensure the user has the proper permissions to access the projects. Go to Jira administration > System > User management and check the user's role.
  2. Check project access: Ensure the user has access to the specific project. Go to the project's settings and check the user's role.
  3. Check license: Check if the user's Jira license is valid and has not expired. Go to Jira administration > System > License details.
  4. Check for inactive account: Check if the user's account is inactive. An inactive account will not have access to projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events