Jira JQL find linked issues from another project

Urmo August 24, 2022

Hi

i have some kind solution that personal project in certain status clone issues into another project. both are connected with issue link. Now in another linked issue task update field and i like to get this data also into personal project task.

how i should build up automation for jira in DC solution?

When: Value changes for ...

If: Isuse matches JQL

For Linked Issues 

Types: relates to

Then: Edit issue fields ...

here is the question how i should write jql or should be very detail?

2 answers

3 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2022

Hello @Urmo

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you would like a specific field in your personal task to get updated when that same field is updated in any cloned issues. Is that correct?

If that's what you are looking for, you don't need any JQL to do this, but only define the correct link (Is cloned by) in the branch.

You can follow the example below to understand how this can be achieved - P.S: In the example below, I used the field "Paragraph" as the field you would like to update:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.46.08 PM.png

The rule background would be:

1. Trigger: The rule is triggered when the field "Paragraph" is updated on the cloned issues
  2. IF: Condition to confirm it is one of the cloned issues that got updated (If there are any linked issues with the link type "Is cloned by")
  3. Branch:  Select the personal issue
  4. Action: Update the personal issue, copying the paragraph field from the cloned issue that was updated

Let us know if this information helps.

0 votes
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

hello @Urmo 

If you have scriptrunner, you can try using a JQL that looks like this :

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf('project = xxx and key = {{issue.key}}', 'is cloned by')

hope it helps

robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

forget my answer and see @Petter Gonçalves  one :). 

Suggest an answer