Jira Internal Directory new created user autoaddgroup to administrator

Marcel Kleinlütke November 27, 2020

Hey there,
I hope u can help me out. We got a LDAP and the internal directory in use. The internal directory is used for external supporter e.g. The problem is every time a create a new user, this user is added to the jira-administrator . Which obviously is a problem!
The configuration details do not show a autoaddgroup for the internal directory but for LDAP it is jira-users what is fine.
I cannot edit the internal directory setting with an LDAP-Admin-User nor a local admin user. I only can enable the encapsulated groups. Nothing more. I did not find anything online or in the system configuration part.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

@Marcel Kleinlütke   Just go to JIRA admin button > Applications > Application access    and un-check  jira-administrators   group  from default

Kind regards,

Moses

Marcel Kleinlütke November 29, 2020

Thank u so much... I clicked and checked, and checked and clicked... how could I have been so blind... Thank u my personal hereo... Thank u soo much!

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

@Marcel Kleinlütke  You are welcome :) please  mark answer as accepted incase some one falls into the same issue 

Like Marcel Kleinlütke likes this
Marcel Kleinlütke November 30, 2020

I idrectly did.... Thanks... in the name of all of us. Creating new user is now so much easier!

Suggest an answer