Jira Insights/Closing Sprints - How to unblock it if adding a service project in a board's filter

Martinez_ Diego April 19, 2024

I added a service project to a software team board's filter so they can directly get service issues in their backlog. But now the insights feature and the complete sprint button does not work anymore and button is now gone, is there anyway around this or do I just have to take out that part of the board filter to use this?Screenshot 2024-04-19 093037.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 085033.png

1 answer

1 vote
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi @Martinez_ Diego 

Welcome to our Community.

The in-product Insigts feature only works for a single jira project. However, you added two types of jira products. I don't think there's any workaround.

Hope it helps & thanks,

YY哥

Martinez_ Diego April 19, 2024

Thanks for the response, will this also inhibit the ability to close a sprint even though the service issue items are just in the scrum team's backlog?

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

HI Martinez,

I'm not sure about the complete sprint function. 

However, could I know the reason why you want to use a single board to join JSM & JSW issues? 

In my previous experience, the delivery team may work on the JSM incidents. In this case, there will be incident issues created in JSW projects, which are linked to JSM incidents. 

Thanks,

YY哥

Martinez_ Diego April 24, 2024

Hi @YY哥 , thanks for the insight. We have a scrum team that specifically handles salesforce dev issues and also will now be handling service issues due to the small amount of issues that come in.

I was able to rectify the sprint part by adding the permissions.

Like YY哥 likes this
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

Using two dedicated jira projects to distinguish delivery & operations team member's work is a preferred solution. Good luck~

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events