Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Forms: How to reopen a form submitted automatically

Hi,

We are using Jira software. I have been testing the new Forms feature.

And I could not find a way to reopen a submitted form when the issue's status changes.

We have Jira Automation and JMWE, I can get the form properties like this

jmwe form.jpg

But I need to reopen this form when issue is transitioned. Any ideas?

Thanks,

2 answers

+1, we are also having issues and can't find a workaround

Found a solution to this - you'll need to setup a few things:

1. GET request to find the global issue ID

https://<<your site here>>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/{{issue.key}}

ID: {{webResponse.body.id}}

2. PUT request to unlock the form

https://<<your site here>>.atlassian.net/gateway/api/proforma/cloudid/<<your cloud id>>/api/3/issue/{{id}}/form/<<form number>>/unlock

The form number is the order in which the form was attached, e.g. if the form was the second form attached, then this number should be 2

Hi Jennifer,

We dont have scriptrunner, we just have jmwe. Are you familiar with it? If so, could you be more specific, because I am not sure how to implement this and I have never used Rest api.

Like Raphael Lopes likes this

Hi Jennifer.

This is a web request in automation?

Aslihan / Raphael,

This is a web request in automation. Unfortunately, I haven't used JMWE before.

Is this process allowing you to reopen forms for additional editing? That is the functionality my project needs for forms at the moment. 

Hi Jennifer, are you suggesting to create two web requests in Automation ? One for the GET and one for the PUT ? I'm trying your solution but not sure exactly how to structure it.

Thanks !

Nevermind ! I found out how to do it.

You have to create 2 web requests one after another

1) Get

Web request URL : /rest/api/2/issue/{{issue.key}}

(dont forget the authorization in base 64 : email:apitoken)

2)Put

Web request URL :

gateway/api/proforma/cloudid/"siteid"/api/3/issue/{{webResponse.body.id}}/form/1/unlock

So this process works to reopen forms after a customer has submitted/saved? Want to get a clear idea of what function is actually happening before I invest time into learning this and implementing it. 

Yes, that's the way to reopen a form

The GET part works, but PUT is throwing a 404 error. I'm using JSM Cloud.

Did you correctly replace site id ?

Don't forget to select Delay execution of subsequent rule actions until we've received a response for this web request in the 1st rule also

According to Atlassian this solution works when forms were ProForma but integrating them into Jira Service Management required changes that seem to make this option not viable.

This still works now, it's just that the API is slightly different compared to before - I've also realised you can pull the issue ID directly using smart values, so it saves you a second API call:

https://<<your site here>>.atlassian.net/gateway/api/proforma/cloudid/<<your cloud id>>/api/3/issue/{{issue.id}}/form/<<form number>>/unlock

The easiest way would be to open Developer Tools in your browser (F12), unlock your form and get the cloud id from the PUT request you see there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events