Jira Fix Version to ServiceNow Change Requests

Steve Cadigan April 9, 2021

Hello,

I'm looking at integrating Jira with ServiceNow. Specifically, a Jira fixed version to a ServiceNow Change Order. Anytime a Jira Fix Version is created/modified, I'd like to create/update a ServiceNow Change Order. Has anyone done this before? Does anyone see  a risk with this approach?

Thanks for any help!

Steve Cadigan

2 answers

0 votes
John Morales December 18, 2021

@Brant SchroederThe plugin you suggestion looks like a sync solution. In addition, there only has 26 downloads; not a popular solution.

Let us know if you have any other recommendations...

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

@Steve Cadigan Welcome to the community.

I have never done this but have you considered using the ServiceNow connector for Jira (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222208/servicenow-connector-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview)  I believe that is might help you accomplish what you are trying to do.  

Steve Cadigan April 14, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder . I'll speak with the architect. I'm also wondering if anyone has done this before. My goal is to ensure I've got all of my planned deployments from my product teams (which use Jira) along with my Infrastructure and Security teams' changes (because they don't use Jira)...all in one place. My thinking is servicenow would be best (my Change Management team uses ServiceNow exclusively) and have a ServiceNow change request created/updated for every fix version. 

John Morales December 18, 2021

I have the same use case, I am researching a solution to create a ServiceNow Change Request from Jira for Jira Issues that are mapping to a Fix Version

owen_manske_experian_com May 9, 2023

Am also wondering if anyone has a solution for this. Seems like a pretty logical use case.

I'm guessing we'll end up doing something with Scriptrunner and the SNOW API.

Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2024

@owen_manske_experian_com  did you wind up building anything? I am also curious about thi

Owen Manske February 29, 2024

Not yet, but we are working on it. And it will be linked via a new Release issue type we added.

Like Crystelle S likes this
Rebecca Froehlich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

I'm using the Jira Spoke plugin within ServiceNow for bi-directional sync.  I am trying to populate the Fix Version from the Jira issue to a new field created on your task table.

I see some  ServiceNow posts about paring the payload from Jira for custom fields, but I don't see fixVersions in the payload. 

@Owen Manske is this what is being worked on?  

Trying to determine if this is doable for my current release. 

Suggest an answer