Jira Excel add-in not loading

Justina Bertuch September 12, 2022

Hi, I hope you're well.

I've been using the Jira Excel add-in for some time now, and every now and then it stops working.

This last time, it stopped working 5 days ago and I haven't been able to get it back to normal. I've been removing it and downloading it again, multiple times, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2022

@Justina Bertuch Unfortunately, it happens regularly for others as well. If you search for it, users report errors like this for Jira Cloud for Excel fairly frequently. I personally recommend Better Excel Exporter instead, as I know that works more reliably when Excel exporting is business-critical.

Have you tried clearing your cache already? Here is a collection of other methods you can try to make Jira Cloud for Excel work again.

I'm sure others will offer their troubleshooting tips as well.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2022

Hi @Justina Bertuch

welcome to the community! 

Just adding to the answer by Levente (who's app I highly recommend!), another thing to consider is wether you need to use Excel at all. Depending on what Excel features you rely on, these capabilities may be available directly within Jira through the Atlassian Marketplace. E.g., here's a list of "spreadsheet"-related apps, with or without the Cloud Fortified certification required.

Just to give you an impression of how this can look, below is a quick glance of the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira. JXL comes with Excel-style viewing, editing, sorting and filtering capabilities, plus advanced features such as support for issue hierarchies, issue grouping, sum-ups, and conditional formatting:

epic-sum-up.gif

As said above, there's a couple of spreadsheet-related apps. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 months, and depending on the app and the size of your team, an app may be free forever. So perhaps try out a few and see if they provide value to you.

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events