Jira Cloud to excel no longer linking to key - formatting looks like links

Rachel Young April 27, 2023

Hello! 

When I first imported my jira project into an excel sheet, the Key column was linking directly to each issue in Jira. However, now there are no links in the document. Additionally, all 3 columns A, B and C are formatting to look like links (blue text, underlined), but are not links. Is there a way to at least have all the text look the same? 

I didn't change anything with the sheet and have reimported the project and am still getting the same results. 

Screenshot 2023-04-27 095911.png

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Ketchel June 28, 2023

Did you ever get this solved?  I'm having same issue and it appears to be related to importing the data as a table vs name range.   If you import as a table the the hyperlinks are lost. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi Rachel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It might just be with your Excel setup. I am not an expert on that at all so you would need to do some Googling. But if you right click on one of the values in the Key column, you should be able to select Edit Hyperlink (or maybe even Open Hyperlink). If you do the Edit Hyperlink, see what value is in the Address field. If there is a value there, you just need to click on OK and it should make it a link in your sheet. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events