Jira Cloud-to-cloud migration -Migrated Links question

David Fang April 4, 2023

Hello,

We have just done a site-to-site (cloud-to-cloud) Jira migration. However all of the links in stories, issues, etc still are using the old xyz.atlassian.net. I am aware if I just replace xyz.atlssian.net with the new xzy.atlssian.net, it will work, but I am wondering if there is an  tool or feature that can be used to make this substitution in every story that we migrated. We dont want to be going to every story that we migrated and manually change the old links found in the stories from xyz.atlassian.net to xyz.atlssian.net.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions!

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi! Yes, there is a way to replace old links with new links without having to manually update each individual story.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to your Jira instance and navigate to the Jira administration menu (gear icon in the top right corner).

2. Click on "System" and then "External System Import."

3. Select "CSV" as the file format.

4. Export your Jira issues to CSV file(s).

5. Open the CSV file(s) and search for the old url (xyz.atlassian.net) and replace it with the new url (xzy.atlassian.net).

6. Import the updated CSV file(s) into Jira by going to "System" > "External System Import" and selecting the updated CSV file(s) to import. Note that this will only update the links in the issue descriptions and comments. If you have links in custom fields, you'll need to update those separately. I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events