Jira Cloud: is there any way to allow “ScriptRunner Add-On user” to delete an issue of a project?

Nazmus Sadat June 17, 2021

Hello everybody,

I am working on a ScriptRunner listener script. This listener is executed on “Issue Created” event, and based on some search criteria it deletes duplicate issue (if any). This listener works fine in my dev cloud instance. In the project permission, I have allowed the reporter user to delete an issue. And the script is being executed as “Current User”. 

However, in the  production environment, we don’t want to allow reporter/customer to delete any issue. So, my question is, is there any way to allow “ScriptRunner Add-On user” to delete an issue of a specified project?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

@Nazmus Sadatto control who deletes issues or not, you should check your permission scheme, in the option "Delete Issue", then you'ill be to delete issues by permissions based on users, roles, groups

Usually, add-ons on Jira cloud ALWAYS have the project role "atlassian-addons-project-access" (green) and there is no way to exclude they in the Permission Scheme

Captura de tela 2021-06-17 222350.png

If you want to block in a specific status, you can use properties to block to delete on status. There are many options in this link of properties :)

https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

Like "jira.permission.delete" = false

Best Regards

Nazmus Sadat June 18, 2021

Thanks @Carlos Faddul 

This project role "atlassian-addons-project-access" worked for me.

Like Carlos Faddul likes this

Suggest an answer