Jira Cloud integration with Hubspot DEALS

Everett Cavazos June 11, 2021

Jira Cloud / Hubspot Deal Ticket integration question

I'm looking for recommendations for integrating Hubspot Deals with Jira. There isn't a plugin that exists so I'm considering Unito and Zapier as integration options. Anyone in here have insight/experience with this?

I am aware of the Hubspot for Jira app, but it doesn't support "Deal" tickets, only Hubspot service tickets.

2 answers

0 votes
Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2022

A couple months ago, I discovered (by accident!) that when I attach a Jira issue to a HubSpot Deal, it behaves exactly the way a support ticket with a Jira issue attached does. Unfortunately, we're already using a Support workflow. If you're not, it seems like you could attach Issues to deals, create issues from Deals, etc without too much hassle. 

Fee Lee March 23, 2022

Wow, how did you do it? I attempted to link a Jira issue to a deal but to no avail. Can you share a little more how did you do it? Thanks in advance.

Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

I’m pretty sure the way it works is that you have to have the HubSpot/Jira integration installed, then add the Jira issue card (normally only on Tickets) to the Deals screen.

I believe the integration is only meant to support service management, so it may be impossible without that level of HubSpot subscription.

Like I said, I fully did this by accident a couple months ago, by linking an existing pre-sales Jira Issue to a HubSpot deal. It had the unintended consequence of ALSO creating a Support Issue in Jira due to the automations already in place to support our ITSM flow. It kind of made a mess for me, so I backed it out immediately!

Sarah Rosenquist January 12, 2023

I just gave this a shot and couldn't add the Jira card to a the right sidebar for a Deal. Must need to set up some kind of association first, which is why we're all running into this.

Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2023

@Sarah Rosenquist Are you using the HubSpot Service Hub Professional or higher? I think that, in tandem with the Jira integration, is necessary.

Oh that's prob it then because we don't. Since we have Jira so I didn't think it'd make sense to double pay for ticketing.

Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2023

I 100% agree, but I was overruled by someone who doesn't even work here anymore. (We laugh so we don't cry, right?)

I've also been considering making the flow go the other way - when we create a pre-sales issue in Jira, fire an automation to "Send Web Request" and hit the HubSpot API with the right JSON to create the deal. Documentation for the HubSpot side is here.

always laughing to avoid crying! very much appreciate the pointers!

0 votes
Michaela Staffova June 14, 2021

Hi @Everett Cavazos , Michaela from Integromat here., welcome to the community!

Since this cannot currently be achieved using the native integrations and since you're not cringing at the idea of using a third-party service, you might wanna check out Integromat. It's a no-code automation tool that lets you connect your Jira account with pretty much any other online service. You can check out the integration pages of both Jira and HubSpot to see the currently available triggers, actions, and templates. 

Just a side note: Deals are classified as 'Records' so you'd need to start your automation with  'Watching Records' in HubSpot. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events