Jira Cloud for sheets - not every record is returned

Łukasz Przybyła January 13, 2022

I have a problem with displaying every transition record when using a jira command using google sheets,

For some reason it does not display all the history of the transition, despite not being constrained by the query.

Query:
=jira("key="C3;"issuekey,status,transition.authorDisplayName,transition.to,transition.date,assignee,sprint,timespent,timeoriginalestimate";0;10000)

In C3 I have my ticket number. Right now I get everything returned, when history is small, but sometimes I'm getting only 70-75 rows, while history consist of 100+ records.

Is this a know restriction? I'm asking, because I couldn't find any answers elsewhere.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2022

Hello @Łukasz Przybyła ,

Thanks for pointing this one out, there are some discrepancies that are going to require a bit more digging on our end to figure out where the failure point is coming from.  I am currently working with the dev team for the sheets integration to gather some more info and we will keep you posted on the findings.

After performing some initial tests on this I am consistently getting 100 transitions returned in a sheet but nothing from 101 and beyond, and looking at the code we are not seeing any hard set limits that would be causing this in the sheets integration portions. 

At this point, we are looking at the Jira side code for a possible issue in the API endpoint that may be running into a pagination issue causing it to hang up at the partial data point.

But again thanks for the info we are looking into it and I'll send you an update once we have the specifics.

Regards,
Earl

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2022

Hello @Łukasz Przybyła ,

I am just checking back in with you to provide a quick status update on this behavior.  We are still digging into the root cause of the error but I just created a public-facing bug report with some more details that you can follow for future updates on the status of a fix:

If you notice anything else please do add a comment on the Bug report if you have any additional details or observations about the behavior you are seeing that is different from what is reported so far.

And thanks again for pointing this one out and we will hopefully get the root cause nailed down soon.

Regards,
Earl

Łukasz Przybyła February 2, 2022

Hello, @Earl McCutcheon

I just want to thank you for your support in this topic. Now I have some hope it may be resolved "soon". I will keep an eye on that bug report :)

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events