Jira Cloud for Excel - copied Excel files linked somehow - changing JQL in one file changes both

rogier.schouten March 21, 2023

1. Create excel file with jira cloud for excel plugin;  give it a JQL query 
  2. Save excel in Sharepoint
  3. Copy the excel in Sharepoint
  4. Open the second excel file, Edit the JQL query, Save
  5. Open the first excel file - JQL query has changed??

How do I break the link between these files, so that I can have a different query in both?

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023
It seems that the files are linked and changes made to one file may affect the other. To break the link between the files, you can try copying the data from the first file and pasting it as values in a new worksheet or file. This will remove any formulas or links that may be causing the issue. Then, you can apply a different JQL query to each file without affecting the other. Additionally, you can also try to unlink the data in Excel by using the "Break Link" feature. Go to the "Data" tab, click on "Edit Links", select the link you want to break, and click on "Break Link".
rogier.schouten March 29, 2023

Thank you for your answer.  The "Break  Link" functionality is not the solution yet, I'm afraid. I broke all links as you indicated, but still have the same behavior.  

Copypasting all data, macros and charts would be a lot of work. I'm thinking this is a bug in the plugin.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events