Jira Cloud for Excel Not Loading

Mercedes Elizalde February 10, 2022

For a few months now Jira Cloud for Excel has not worked for me. It is stuck on the loading screen and never makes it any further. I've tried removing and reinstalling the add-on, restarting my computer, making sure I'm caught up on updates.... I'd really like to keep using this feature!!

3 answers

5 votes
Gareth Frimston February 11, 2022

I had the same symptoms and I found that when I generated a new excel file from within Jira by creating a search and then clicking the "Open in Microsoft Excel" button (the one near to "Share" with the Excel logo), this asked me to sign in to my Atlassian account again and give some permissions, before generating the jira-search excel file. This kicked the jira plugin back into life in my existing and open excel doc.

Mercedes M. Elizalde February 11, 2022

Wow, that actually seemed to do the trick! Thank you so much for the advice!

Like Gareth Frimston likes this
Vinod Kumar September 28, 2022

Thanks, this trick worked for me. Thank you so much for the advice!

Like Gareth Frimston likes this
Thomas Howell November 7, 2022

Worked for me too , thanks for this!

Andreas Auer March 12, 2023

Thanks, worked for me too!

1 vote
Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Mercedes Elizalde ,

The thing about the Jira Cloud for Excel add-on, that it has a history of unreliability, there are lots of users asking the same questions as you. 

If you'd like to find a Better Excel Exporter that runs in Jira and is stable and customizable to your needs, download our app and try it out! If you have any questions, contact our support we are happy to help.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

@Mercedes Elizalde 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Please check you have installed the plugin correctly

clear the browser cache/try to load in browser incognito mode Or Try in another browser.

If issue still persist then raise ticket with https://support.atlassian.com/ atlassian.

Pls Accept the Answer if it help you

Thanks,
Sachin

Mercedes Elizalde February 10, 2022

Not sure how I can try in a different browser - this is within Excel.

How can I check that the plugin is installed correctly? There are no error messages or anything that I can see.

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

@Mercedes Elizalde 

You can open the jira on new /different browser than what you are using

and there you can check.

Check the plugin other functionality and try to open other pages of plugin to see whether its responding or not

Thanks,

Sachin

Suggest an answer