Jira Cloud does not support listeners - what is the impact?

Robert Sewell January 28, 2021

We use Jira Server now and are researching our options, including migrating to cloud. In their article on the differences it says "Configure Listeners: not (currently) supported."

To my knowledge we don't use listeners, but we are working on an integration between Jira and Cherwell which I believe uses webhooks. Will the lack of listeners in Jira Cloud stop us from building this integration?  Will listeners be supported in the future? Is there an alternate technology that does work in cloud?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Robert Sewell 

First thing, I am not a Jira marketplace vendor...  With that out of the way...  :^)

I am unclear from you question if you are building this "integration" yourself or purchasing a product to do it.  There appears to be at least one Cherwell integration add-on tool in the Jira Marketplace for Cloud, which you can review to see if it meets your needs.  I recommend documenting what you mean by "integration" (information to exchange, direction, frequency, access, etc.) and then contacting the vendor to see how they can help.

Depending on your needs, you may not need an add-on.  I previously linked up Cherwell to a competitor product to Jira, just by pushing information via email handlers.  This you can do with out-of-the-box stuff for both Cherwell and Jira.  Again, your needs/wants will be your guide.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer