Jira Cloud - cannot create / select CLASSIC Projects

Stefanie Sullivan May 5, 2021

I am using JIRA CLOUD.

I seem to have lost the ability to create CLASSIC projects. Next Gen will not work for us because we have custom fields that we need to use across all projects.

I only seem to have the ability to create projects from these templates. How can I create a project from an existing project and/or create a CLASSIC Project 

jira-project-templates.PNG

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Stefanie Sullivan ,

As mentioned by @Pramodh M and @Alexander Bondarev , you can also refer to the matching relationship in the screenshot below.

QQ截图20210506162451.png

Stefanie Sullivan May 6, 2021

yes - that was it - step 2! Thank you all!

Like Ollie Guan likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi, @Stefanie Sullivan !

Note that share project settings aren’t available on Free plan.

Look through the documentation:

To create a project with a shared configuration:

1. Select Projects > Create project in the navigation.
  2. Under project templates, templates are grouped into a series of use-case based categories. Under Products, templates are grouped by Jira Cloud products. Choose a category or product.
  3. Learn more about the available templates and select a template.
  4. View the detailed information on the template and choose Use template.
  5. Choose project type: Company-managed.
  6. Give your project a name.
  7. Select Advanced. Note that share project settings aren’t available on Free plan.
  8. Tick the Share settings with an existing project checkbox.
  9. Use the Choose project dropdown to select the project from which you want your new project to share its configuration.
  10. Select Create.
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Now application Jira Core ("Classic") become Jira Workflow Management.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Stefanie Sullivan 

• Select the Product (Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Jira Work Management)
  • Select the Project Template once you select the Product
  • Select Company managed project (You have team managed and company managed)
  • On the next page, you will get to choose the shared project settings option.

Thanks,
Pramod

Suggest an answer