The bot that sends messages (Jira Cloud) is rewriting the content of URL links, breaking them in the process. Our Gitlab URLs which contain a dash are rewritten replacing the dash with tilde (so `/-/` becomes `/~/`)
- Find a Jira issue that you're following
- Have someone comment on it, and include in the body of the comment a link to a Gitlab merge request, for example: `https://gitlab.com/software/ourproject/-/merge_requests/555`
- Jira sends a message to your user on Slack notifying you of the new comment
- The URL in the comment has been rewritten and is thus a broken link, it is changed to `https://gitlab.com/software/ourproject/~/merge_requests/555` where the `-` is changed to a `~`.
- The link is unchanged when looking at it on the Jira issue's page
The message URL should not be altered so that URLs still work.
I believe this behavior is related to a know bug. We are tracking this over in JRACLOUD-76111. Sorry I don't have a work-around for this yet, but I'm reaching out to my team to see if perhaps there is some kind of work-around that might help here.
In the meantime, I invite you to watch that issue for updates to this topic.
👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events